Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January Week 2: Alphabet {Letter Ll}




Letter of the week box: lids, letter Ll flash card, lentils, lemon, lion, letters, lock, lamb, leaf, Legos 

Letter Song {U Tube Video}: "Letter L", by Having Fun Teaching


We start by listening and watching the video of the song "Letter L," by Have Fun Teaching. E danced and jumped to the song and worked on saying the /l/ sound!

Then we went through the letter of the week box. We discuss each object. While pointing to the L flash card, I say, "Lid starts with L. /l/ /l/ lid." I do this for each object. 


Letter Worksheet: L is for leaves

First I have E trace the letter with his pointer finger. Next I model how to trace the letter L on a piece of paper. Then I have him trace the letter on his worksheet with a marker. I did not help him this tim!. He did so well, very proud of my Boo! Lastly, we squeeze glue for him to add the leaves.



Sensory Tub: leaves (in red, yellow-orange, and green), paper ladybugs, and three leaf trays


This was a fun sensory activity of sorting by color and counting with ladybugs!


Letter Gross Motor Activity: leaping from leaf to leaf


Letter Snack: lunch



Thank you for your support and stopping by! Hope these activities inspire you!

Blessings,
Erica

Love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment